Pickle Post #27 - Operation Write Home WCD Holiday Blog Hop!

Hi there and welcome! Happy World Cardmaking Day! :)
Thank you for stopping by my little crafty corner of the blogosphere

The theme of the Operation Write Home Blog Hop is holiday cards! Here is where the fun begins!

Every year, OWH sends out thousands of cards to those in the armed forces so they can keep in touch with loved ones back home. Cards are ALWAYS needed. It is a labor of love and completely funded by donations. The postage costs of sending just holiday cards alone this year is estimated to be over $13,000! If you would like to donate, REMEMBER THAT EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS AND IS SO APPRECIATED. It's tax deductible too!


So here is one contribution to my holiday card shipment this year - and there will be more sent along with my donation! :)

My "Celebrate the Season Snowman" Card:
The card is based on a square sketch from the Sketch & Stash Challenge Blog, then added to a standard A2 kraft base. I hand stitched around the edge and along the diagonal with white shiny floss. The snowman is a loved but neglected Penny Black stamp that I colored with Copics. I dotted his buttons with black Enamel Accents. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye '12 Days of Christmas'.

A close up view of the stitching:

Please click on the Blog Hop badge at the top of my post and leave some love for the 150+ loving crafters who worked so hard to bring heroes (and all of us) some holiday cheer today! If you can, please give to this worthy cause. Isn't that what the holidays are all about? :)

Thank you for stopping by today and for supporting OWH!

39 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Cathy I LOVE this snowman and almost bought him the last time I was in HL :) You've done a fabulous job coloring him! Happy World Card Making Day and hop, hop, hopping!

Jen M said...

This is so cute! Fun papers and I love the stitching!

andrea said...

I love to see patterned paper in cards, they make a nice bright and seasonal addition to the snowman image!

K. Joy said...

This is SO adorable, I love the snowman!!!! He makes me smile! :) Great way to add those different Christmas papers in there, too - they look so festive! Thanks for sharing! :)
Katlyn

AJsArts said...

Cute snowman. Thank you for sharing :)

Manda :)
ajsarts at gmail dot com
www.ajsartsanddesigns.com
www.ajsdigishoppe.com

Paper Love said...

Cute!!

Lauren, Paper Love
readysetlove@me.com
www.readysetlove.me

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Cathy - what a happy snowman.... his adorable and the card is just so so perfect...

Fab said...

Love kraft coloured base card, lovely snowman

Paula S. said...

Terrific choice of papers and the way you used several to frame this cute image. This layout idea is a great way to get the feel of a square card (which I love, but seldom do) while sticking with the standard A2 size that works best for OWH.

Michelle said...

Great card! I really like the stitching with the kraft cardstock.

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy! Your card is adorable, thanks for sharing :)

Cora said...

Loving your layout. I made a sketch of it. I want to give it a try. A very cheerful card you made. Makes me want to get out my snowman stamps

ThePurplePlace said...

Adorable Snowman card -- this is one of my favorite stamps!!

I also love your Chibi and have one of my own!! They are really fun!!

Happy World Cardmaking Day!!
Lisa

Rufus said...

Love your snowman, he just makes me smile. Thanks for supporting OWH and all of our Heroes!
R/

LynnR said...

That is my fav snowman image! He just looks so darn happy. You did a great job with the coloring and I have to say I would not have chosen those papers for the frame, but wow! they work! Great job!

Bridget Larsen said...

Because our Christmas is hot I always love looking at snowmen cards

Kris Whittaker said...

What a cute snowman! You did a wonderful job with all the details on this card. The stitching adds "just the right touch".

Pam said...

Love your paper choices and the stitching!!

Kathryn said...

I love how you mixed together different patterned papers to make the mat. :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What great cards. TFS.

kasia c. said...

What a great cause!
I love your card, so many pretty things to look at!! The stitching was a great touch. :)
I love the image too, I have him and I love him!
Happy World card making day!!

Nancy M said...

I like your card--the coloring, diff. papers together, your stitching--cute--TFS!

adele holcomb said...

Your hand stitching is beautiful!

Tracey said...

Very cute - love the snowman, wish I could see the stitching better, I bet it looks fab, :)

Tracey said...

silly me, forgot I could click on the picture to see it better - it does look fab, :)

Laurie said...

What a cute little snowman! Love the stitching and the mix of papers you used on the kraft.

Thanks for sharing with OWH!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable card! Great papers and love the stitching!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

KellyRae said...

Fabulous coloring on that adorable snowman, brings a smile to just see it. The mix of papers on the kraft are wonderful (and I love that stitching).

Aundria B. said...

Love your snowman - he's so cheery with his red, white & blue scarf! Love your choice of papers too. Thank you for sharing this!

♥Gemma♥ said...

fantastic christmas card hun..Thanks for joining us at sketch n stash & good luck :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Ann said...

The snowman is so cute!!! I love the added stitching!

Linda said...

Love how you put the paper together behing that adorable snowman image! Love the stitching as well! TFS!!!

My Need 2 Craft said...

I love that stitching! What a GREAT card. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute card, love the colors and the stitching, thank you so much for sharing it.

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love this cute snowman.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the stitching- such a cute accent- and the snowman is too cute. Great OWH hop!

Julie said...

That is a really adorable snowman image and I love the stitching detail!

Nancy Keller said...

Great stitching! I love how you matted that image!

RiNNE said...

Your card is awesome- love the papers and stitching!!

Post a Comment

I am SO happy you stopped by - thanks for your comments!

Newer Posts Older Posts