Pickle Post #26 - Catch up with me...and my He-Art Journal too!

Hi there! Welcome to my new followers - I am always happy to have new blog buddies!

Life catches up to you, even when you run like crazy! This past week has been super nuts - I was involved in a hit & run car accident  - thankfully I'm OK and my car has very minor damage, but I was so angry with the person who did it. There were many witnesses but one actually followed the car and got the license number. I tried to chase them too (yes I am THAT crazy lady...), but the driver was under the influence of something and just hell bent on getting away. They were FLYING through a residential area, over speed bumps, etc., so it was hard to get close to them. THANK YOU, JOE for calling the police and helping me - you are a fabulous young man! :) Chivalry isn't dead, people!

Then my ex mother in law passed away after a lengthy fight with Alzheimer's and all of the health issues that follow. I was very close to her - I have known her since I was 15 years old. My girls are so sad, but we are thankful that she is now at peace and resting with my ex father in law. She has never been the same since he passed away in 2002. Bless her heart - my thoughts and prayers have been with her even though I haven't see her in quite a while.

Last but not least, I have been considering a part time position and possibly going back to work. That has been a crazy mix of do I really want this or not? Interviews, paper work, phone calls, resume...you know how that goes. **Update - I GOT THE JOB.**

My mojo has been lacking because I am exhausted...but I will catch up on my art journal. Not my best work, but it's something creative. I am NOT a mixed media artist - you can tell I am a stamper through and through LOL! So here are my last four assignments.

Week 6 - Text Me:
I decided to stamp a lot of sentiments that I love on the left page and a wonderful list from galadarling.com called '100 Ways to be a Love Letter to the Universe'. I wanted this page to be something I could go back to and read for inspiration! Truly words to live by! :)


Week 7 - Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining:
I LOVE this quote so I made it the border around the pages.
I used crumpled tissue paper for the clouds - on two clouds I painted with diluted blue and white Gelatos and Iridescent Medium and on the other two I used glue and ultra fine silver glitter. The raindrops are glittered with Stardust Stickles.


Week 8 - The Power of One:
The assignment was to use one word and create from there. This one highlights my absolute LOVE of dance...between salsa with Hubby and 4 1/2 hours of Zumba a week, this IS my power of one! It is truly my energy, my happiness and my fitness routine all rolled into one.




















Just a close up of my tiny dancer - and I look just like her! I WISH LOL! I used pink and purple distress inks and iridescent medium for shine on the background (oh how I LOVE that stuff!). She was colored with Copics.

Week 9 - Cut and Paste:

















This assignment required that we take a facial image from a magazine and create a body for it. I liked the way this turned out, but I am not super keen on the background. It's green but looks kinda yellow - and I wanted it more uniform. I guess that's what happens when you stamp after midnight LOL! The girl with the paper pieced flower dress was the highlight for me. I stamped a zillion roses, cut them out and layered them.

The supply list for all of these would be a mile long...if you have any questions, please e-mail me!

MORE NEWS! **PLEASE STOP BY SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1 - I am going to be part of a HUGE blog hop benefiting Operation Write Home for World Card Making Day! There will be giveaways along the way and a showcase of oodles of creative holiday inspiration that will be sent to those in the armed forces to share with their loved ones here at home! I hope you will stop by and leave some love along the hop for all of these wonderful crafty artists who are committed to this cause!**

I am so glad you stopped by today - your kind comments keep me creating through all of my crazy! :)

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Super cute projects I love it , so glad you are ok my friend Hugs from your spanish friend =)

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Cathy - Oh my, poor thing if it's not one thing from another... Main thing you are okay, my sympathy about your MIL, and congrats to your new job......
Back to your layouts - they are awesome inspite what you said about stamping and coloring it is just perfect.....
Love those layout pages.....

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great journal pages! Sorry about your accident!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Delo said...

Cathy, I am so sorry about your accident and your ex-MIL. Even when someone is an ex you sometimes are still very, very close to them. Your journal is awesome. Congrats on the new job! Hope everything starts getting better for you! Love the Copic coloring!

Ebru Vatansever said...

These journaling pages are fantastic Cathy !!! I love them all.

Post a Comment

I am SO happy you stopped by - thanks for your comments!

Newer Posts Older Posts