Just a cute card to share - and another CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Hi there. I don't know why, but it seems like it's been forever since I last posted! Hope you missed me. :)

I am working on a few different cards at the moment which I hope to post by the end of the week, but this one is for someone special in my family. It also fits right into this week's CAS-ual Fridays (CFC 10) challenge!


My sister-in-law just had open heart surgery late last week and is thankfully doing very well! I wanted to make her a happy get well card and this is what I created. I think this will make her smile. :)
I love you, Terri!

My "Feel Better from the Heart" Card:
Um YES, I DO love kraft. :) And I LOVE Lawn Fawn stamps - they are absolutely adorable! The heart and bandaid are popped up with dimensionals and the white "trim" is created using my lovely Signo Uniball white pen. 

Here's the inside of the card - I scored the top left corner of the back of the card so it would open easily and not ruin the smooth front panel of the heart. It's kinda plain now, but it will be filled with happy thoughts!

Stuff I Used:
Lawn Fawn 'On the Mend' Stamps
Cardstock - Gina K Kraft, AMuse Blush CS, Stampin Up Red Polka Dot DP
Spellbinders Scalloped Hearts Dies
Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, SU Dimensionals, Signo Uniball Broad white pen

Thanks for stopping by! And I do love and appreciate your comments - they really make my day! :)

12 comments:

Patricia said...

Omg is super cute I love it and your doodling is great =P

Lysa said...

Who *doesn't* love kraft?! LOL.. super cute card and & love the doodling around the edge! :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So stinkin' cute, Cathy!! I love that sweet bandaid image . . . adorable!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Delo said...

Great card! I love the doodling. Hope your SIL recovers quickly.

Karen Aicken said...

Perfect card for your SIL ... love it! I bought my first package of kraft card stock and I'm loving it too. :-) TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet card....you are so creative Mrs. Pickle ;-) Aloha, Terri

Karen B. said...

What a sweet card, it sure puts a smile to my face and I'm not ill (knock on wood!) Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kryssi said...

This is super sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lori Barnett said...

FREAKIN' ADORABLE!!!!

kasia c. said...

First of all, I'm glad to hear your sister is feeling better and on the mend.

Second, how perfectly adorable is this card? And so appropriate given the situation! That little bandaid is just the perfect finish. :)

Thank you so very much for the sweet comments you have left on my blog. I hope you are having a wonderful summer so far.

Laura Sterckx said...

Very sweet and cute card Cathy! I'm also happy to hear that your sister is doing well :)

Laura Sterckx said...

Hi Cathy ,thank you for following my blog and thanks so much for all these nice and wonderful compliments on my cards. They really mean a lot to me.
Love,
Laura

Post a Comment

I am SO happy you stopped by - thanks for your comments!

Newer Posts Older Posts