Cool Color Blocking - CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC7

Hi there. So I am attempting to create some sort of routine in posting. And stepping out of my comfort zone to try something new. Challenges help me to do that.

I really have no set style, but certain things in the crafting world intrigue me. Like CAS or clean and simple designs, which tend to be harder for me because I like cute and bling and foo foo stuff. :) 

So another first for me - a clean and simple color blocking design for CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC7.

 


My "Home Sweet Home" Color Block Card: 
My camera and I keep having these misunderstandings...and my cards looked kinda bowed out! Well I am a blog newbie, so I am always learning! :) Practice, patience, repeat...
Don'tcha just LOVE blues,reds & bright white together? This is one of my favorite combos!
                                          
Stuff I Used:
Cardstock: AMuse Studio - Sugar, Ocean, Sky / SU Real Red
Stamps: Stamps of Life - Houses4Us / Paper Smooches - Let's Hang Out (bird & branch), 
              Falling For You (plaid heart)
Embossing Powder: SU White  Ink: Versamark
Embellishments: Cherry Divine Twine, White Button (unknown stash)

Wowzers, my third post this week - WOO HOO for me! I think I am on a roll!
Sheesh, Blogger and I have been in a wrestling match ALL MORNING. Just publish already LOL! :)

I hope you enjoy my Color Block card - this is a really fun and easy technique!
As always, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your sweet comments and for stopping by today!


7 comments:

Patrice said...

Love the red, white and blue!

Virginia L. said...

SO creative! I love the white embossing on these bright and happy colors! The color blocking is very effective here! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! The color bock colors you chose with the white embossed images looks fab :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Delo said...

Love the card. I really like the white embossing on the colored cs. I am just the opposite of you, I have always done clean and simple so I am trying to foo-foo up my cards.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love how you've used embossing on this. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

Trina Georgi said...

I'm really loving this card - you did a great job!

kasia c. said...

Cathy, this is a fabulous card! I love the look of the stark embossed white on those wonderful colour blocks. :)

Post a Comment

I am SO happy you stopped by - thanks for your comments!

Newer Posts Older Posts