Pickle Post #44 - Christmas in July!

Hi friends! Happy Tuesday to you!

Today I created a Christmas card in July for the current challenge over at the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog! This is to celebrate the new Christmas catalog full of holiday stuff that will be available on August 1 - I will have a link in my sidebar when you can sneak a peek at the new goodies!

There's still a week left to enter your crafty Christmas creations to win some A Muse Studio goodies! So I hope you will come on over and join us! Here is what I created for the challenge.

My 'Christmas in July' Card:
I love the traditional stuff for Christmas - red, green and kraft are perfect. The buttons and twine give that old fashioned Christmas feel. Just simple happy holiday wishes - a reminder of home and family! Even if it is 99 degrees and I am in a tank top and shorts, which is cool July weather for us LOL! Arizona is not the place you think of when you think of Christmas - even in December when it's dry and cold, it sure isn't the North Pole!

Stuff I Used (all A Muse Studio products):
Stamps - Say It With Style
Cardstock - Kraft, Candy Cane Stripe, Evergreen
Ink - Cherry, Evergreen
Other Stuff - Toffee Twine, Cherry Buttons

I hope this gives you a little pre-holiday spirit to get a jump start on your Christmas cards and crafty creations!

 

11 comments:

Eline Jansens said...

Love it! Beautiful lay out. From this card you can "easily" make more and more to send out to all the family. I'm gonna remember this =)

Anonymous said...

Cute card! I also love traditional colors for Christmas :).

Unknown said...

It's so beatiful

Peta said...

always a huge fan of anything with kraft, twine & buttons...and love how you alternated the colours in the sentiment. xxxp

Delo said...

I like traditional Christmas colors also. Love the card. It is very classy.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your Christmas in July card is super cute Cathy!

Thanks for leaving a comment for me today :) We are doing well here in Parker. Kids are back in school and now we're just trying to make it to cooler weather, lol in October!

Hugs, Jan

Nancy Thomas said...

Hi Cathy - I just stopped by to say hello and to thank you for visiting my blog during the January Sweet November release. Girl, you better get to blogging! If this card is any indication, you need to do being showing off more!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE this card--those papers are perfect for a holiday card! LOVE the design too:)

ps...THANK YOU so much for your comment on my Virtual Smooches video and post!!! Your love and support made my day!!! <3

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I just wanted to say thank you again for your sweet comment on my Virtual Smooches video/post last week (3.21)! Your comment made my day-- and I'm so thankful that you continue to visit and watch my videos!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! <3

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I don't know how to send you an email... so I'll leave another comment here:)

THANKS for leaving some love on the Virtual Smooches blog during the month of May!! I love that you enjoy watching my videos:) <3 You made my day!!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Fantastic stamping! Someone was lucky to get this great card. :) Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog--you're so kind!

Post a Comment

I am SO happy you stopped by - thanks for your comments!

Older Posts