Pickle Post #18 - He-Art Journal Catch Up

Hi there! Blog posts from me...it's feast or famine sometimes. So enjoy the feast while it lasts LOL!

I haven't posted my TGF He-Art Journal entries since my Week 1 assignment, so I decided to play catch up. I am VERY hard on myself when it comes to this journal thing because it's VERY out of my comfort zone. My Type A quest for perfection makes me hesitant to post my assignments, but my blog sense says sheesh, just post them already. :) So here we go!
Week 2: Sandy Sunshine
We were encouraged to use texture in this assignment, so I decided to do a paper collage full of embossing. The sun is embossed and painted grungeboard. Everything else is created using cardstock. Added to the texture mix is pearl embossed and stickled waves and sparkly fluffed and rocky sand. I wish I could fully capture in photos the true shine of the sun and the sand and wave details - it is a sparkly tactile fun page. It makes me super excited for my anniversary trip with Hubby to the beaches of California over Labor Day!

Week 3: Gratitude
This page just brought to mind all that I love in life and my continued blessings through good and bad times. Life's twists and turns take on so many layers and shapes and colors, but if you have love, you have EVERYTHING. That is the inspiration for all of those colored hearts. Along the edge of the pages I wrote down the people and blessings I am so grateful for each and every day. I can read it over and over. Color my world...

Week 4: The Girl in Me
This assignment required hand drawing and using mediums I don't use often. I am NOT a drawing artist, but I dug out my Prismacolor pencils and just started sketching an artistic vision of me. Yes, I do have a lot of hair LOL! It was very therapeutic to draw and shade this one. I added a multicolored tiny heart background to the left side and added some of the girly qualities I feel I possess. Personal and thought provoking for me...

There are a TON of supplies for these pages - stamps, ink, markers, colored pencils, embossing powders & folders, glimmer mists, Stickles, Sparkly Fluff! To add all of them in a list would take forever, so if you have any questions about what I used, please ask!

Thanks for stopping by today to check out my ever growing journal! Only 19 more assignments to go...

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Omg I love it i never make art journal I have to make someday =P

Delo said...

WOW! I think I am pretty speechless. That is awesome. If that is out of your comfort zone, I want to see something that you feel comfortable doing. This is amazing, friend.
Delores

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Cathy these are COOL! I hope you'll enter at least one of them into my Art Journal link party that starts Thursday, Aug 25th :)

I just figured out what TGF was... oh duh... thanks for the tags at the bottom of the post :)

Laura Sterckx said...

They are all beautiful!

RiNNE said...

Such gorgeous pages, Cathy! I started with the Heart Journaling too, but unfortunately, was only able to go up to Week two. I really regret it as the assignments are really intriguing!

I love the shapes on your beach-y page...the sky and the interlocking squares. For your gratitude one, I love all the different hearts. And your drawing is beautiful -- you are so lucky to have thick hair! The colored pencils were the perfect tools!

Peta said...

Thats so cool. What great ideas.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Cathy please do add a link to one of your art journal pages at my link party on my blog!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Yea Cathy! I'm so glad you linked to my art journal party! :) I can't wait to spend some time coloring with you soon too! 5 weeks...

Post a Comment

I am SO happy you stopped by - thanks for your comments!

Newer Posts Older Posts